The Tate Fund
Tate is a champion for art and its place in society and we strive to promote the arts through all we do, while opening the experience and enjoyment of art to as wide an audience as possible.
The Tate Fund provides vital support across our galleries, enabling Tate to carry out its central mission to promote the public understanding and enjoyment of art.
Every year, donations to the Tate Fund help us to:
- care for and protect the national collection now and for future generations through expert conservation
- provide unique learning opportunities for people of all ages through access to art
- bring art to new audiences through community activities
- provide access to new art and artists by building the collection
Uniquely among national museums and galleries of similar scale in Britain, Tate raises the majority of its own running costs. Donations to the Tate Fund are therefore critical in enabling us to continue to offer personal and unique experiences of both familiar and new art within and beyond our galleries.
- Donate online now
- Donate by post
- See how donations support work across our galleries in the latest Tate Fund report [PDF, 587 Kb]
Every gift, no matter the size, makes a real difference.
Thank you for your support.